building solutions that address real world telecoms complexities
A comprehensive Centralised SON solution,
closely integrated with the Unison product suite.
C-SON Plan Components
- Automate parameter inconsistency management within the network without any manual intervention by only managing Policies.
- Vendor and Technology agnostic.
- Centralized platform where all parameter Policies can be configured for all technologies (2G, 3G, 4G, Nb-Iot, 5G) and managed reducing complexity and manual errors.
- Parameters can be easily moved in and out of Open and Closed Loop.
- Exception lists of Nodes can be added to ignore ADR function such as in case of Trials as well as Special events.
- Unison reporting module can be configured to provide daily reports qualifying the performance changes in the network as a result of the changes performed.
- Pre and Post analysis of the plans can be performed allowing the customer full visibility on how the network stats are being affected.
Part of our SON suite and is responsible for Automatic Interference Management. This includes the following:
- PCI Clash determination, Re-planning and OSS implementation.
- PSC Clash determination, Re-planning and OSS implementation.
- GSM Frequency Channel interference determination, Re-planning and OSS implementation.
Automatic Neighbour Management, identifies missing neighbours, and resolves these using scripts, that are automatically generated.
Unison Automatic Neighour Management
Automatic Boundary Management enables network planning teams to automate the generation and application of RAN location-based parameters - LAC, TAC, RAC. Using polygon data ABM uniquely identifies cells geographically, creates a parenting plan, and applies changes to parameters in the OSS. The solution supports integration with 3rd party workflow management tools, allowing for zero-touch process automation.
C-SON Optimise Components
Automatic Load Balancing (ALB) is a C-SON solution which dynamically adjusts parameters related to distribution of traffic between cells and technology layers.
The mode of operation of ALB is centralised and proactive. It is a combination of static policy definition and Autonomous Artificial Intelligence. Fully customisable user-defined rules are put in place to ensure implementation of common optimisation strategy and limit the field of operation of the AI. Low-level decisions are made by the Unison AI engine, which makes use of Machine Learning and Deep Learning to continuously improve the quality of the decision making.
Unison AI analyses data inputs about network performance from multiple sources to identify focus areas for load balance optimisation, decides on what changes to implement to the parameters and reanalyses the same post optimisation for validation.
ALB has the capability to interact with D-SON solutions responsible for reactive real-time load balancing by orchestrating the operation of D-SON, including limiting its use and validating its outputs.
Automatic Tilt Management is responsible for reactive and proactive coverage optimisation is managed by ATM. Supporting all technologies, it achieves improvements in signal strength and signal quality by autonomous modification of the following OSS parameters: Electrical Tilt (via RET), Digital Tilt for NR, Reference Signal Power.
The mode of operation of ATM is a combination of static policy definition and Autonomous Artificial Intelligence. Unison AI analyses data inputs about network performance from multiple sources to identify focus areas for optimisation, decides on what changes to implement to the parameters and reanalyses the same post optimisation for validation. Unison Trace is the main source of input analysis. Changes are implemented in the form of a trial and error modus operandi – the engine makes incremental changes to tilt values, re-evaluates the network performance and continues making changes until it settles on the best value, ensuring negative impact is managed along the way.
Automatic RACH Optimisation aims to improve LTE and 5G NR network performance by modifying individual cells' RACH settings. RACH collisions are a critical factor in impacting call/session setup success, handover success, uplink noise interference, as well as coverage limitations. The solution monitors network performance factors and automatically adjusts RACH parameters, validating the performance improvement after each change.
C-SON Operate Components
Automatic Energy Saving allows network Operate teams to achieve significant financial saving from cell operation costs. From a centralised stand, the solution analyses traffic patterns across the network and determines what cells can be switched off during repetitive periods of inactivity. Deactivation and reactivation is executed directly by AES and outcomes and traffic patterns are continuously analysed, allowing for dynamic adjustment of target cells.
Cell Administrative State Management:
- Alignment between cell Planed and Live state
- Ensuring out of service cells are not active on the OSS
- State validation against Change Requests
- Identification of unsynchronised nodes
- Remote synchronisation (where applicable)
- Automated trouble ticket creation (where applicable)
Sleeping Cell Management:
- Identification of Sleeping Cells
- Closed-loop service restoration through node reset
C-SON Integrate Components
- E2E Script generation and implementation in the OSS.
- Node Information
- Site Installation
- Site Basic
- Site Equipment
- Node Configuration
- Unlock cell
- Optional Feature
- Remote Node Configuration
- Depending on the hardware type separate XML or MML files will be created to support different hardware configurations, such as DUL, DUS, Radio Node etc within Ericsson for instance.
- New hardware types can be integrated and script types modified to support rapid delivery.
- Dedicated UI which will allow for configuration settings to be included such as IP addresses for each node.
Automatic Site Planning compliments Plug & Play Site Integration to fully automate site deployment. The solution detects new planned cells appearing on the OSS, creates appropriate neighbour plans and RF-related parameters (BCCH, PSC, PCI, etc) and automatically applies the plan to the cells prior to site commercialisation.